Thursday, January 2, 2014

Fortune cookie....

A few years ago, well ok honestly its been almost 6 years now, I opened my fortune cookie and it said You will receive your hearts desire.   Oh I was excited.  My hearts desire?  Doesn't everyone want the desire of their heart to be granted? 

I carefully put my fortune in my wallet and made a solemn vow that I would not open another fortune cookie until this one had come true.  

Thus began a long journey to discover the desire of my heart.  I spent a lot of time reflecting on this.  Was it true love? financial freedom? health for my children? my divorce to be finalized? What really is the desire of your heart?

I have had plenty of opportunities to open another fortune cookie but I stood faithful to my silly commitment.  No more fortunes for me until the one I had in my wallet came true. 

My divorce finalized and I realized that was not the desire of my heart.
I met someone, well more than one someone over time, however that was not the desire of my heart.
All of my children have been healthy for several years, and yet I discovered that was not the desire of my heart.
I do not have financial freedom yet however I have also discovered this is not my hearts desire.

This week, I went out for chinese with a friend and I opened my fortune cookie.  After seeking my hearts desire for the past 6 years I had finally been given the desire of my heart.  The funny thing is it was right here all along.  All I needed to do was change my perspective, my outlook and my attitude.  How did I know it was the desire of my heart? Well, it has been a long process but my soul is content and I am truly happy.

Contentedness and True Happiness were my hearts desire!  I am content and free to read my new fortune: Expect Great things and great things will come.

No comments:

Post a Comment